Health Care for the Pittsburgh Community
Primary Care Clinic
No patient should avoid finding a primary care physician or neglect their routine healthcare because they don’t want to visit the doctor. Unfortunately, for many patients – especially those in marginalized communities – primary care can be financially inaccessible and doesn’t always leave them feeling seen, heard, or satisfied with their experience, making people less likely to receive the care they need.
No matter who you are, you deserve care from providers who don’t just respect you, but actually understand you and your needs. Allies strives to deliver comprehensive care to patients of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and anyone who walks through our door.
People of every race, gender, orientation and background deserve primary care that is tailored to their experience and free of judgment. If you’re ready to receive that care during your regularly scheduled primary care visits, we’re waiting for you! Schedule your first appointment with Allies for Health + Wellbeing today.
Primary Care, Customized for You
Accessible Primary Care in Pittsburgh
Allies medical staff is trained in providing sensitive care to people of all backgrounds, and provides a welcoming, respectful environment for all individuals. All of Allies’ medical professionals are equipped to provide primary care services to anyone who walks in our door.
We’re a one-stop-shop for the routine care you need, including:
- Physical exams
- Immunizations and vaccines
- Blood pressure and other lab tests
- Preventative care counseling
Our providers are also highly-trained and certified in the following:
- HIV treatment
- Hepatitis C treatment
- Routine gynecological exams, including contraception, Pap tests and breast exams
- and medication
Allies for Health + Wellbeing is also proud to offer telemedicine options for those who have health risks or who would prefer a more discreet, convenient, accessible mode of care. If you are a patient in our clinic, you can also participate in our pharmacy program and have your medications delivered to your home or other convenient location at no cost to you.
Please note, Allies is NOT an emergency care facility. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are routine gynecological exams so important for me?
Routine gynecological care is important for several reasons:
- Early Detection of Health Issues: Routine exams, including breast/chest and pelvic exams, can help detect abnormalities or signs of diseases such as cervical cancer, ovarian cysts, or sexually transmitted infections at an early stage, when they’re easier to treat.
- Preventative Care: Routine gynecological care plays an important role in maintaining overall health. It provides an opportunity to monitor changes in your body, identify risk factors, and receive guidance on reducing the risk of certain health conditions.
- Personalized Healthcare: Regular visits to a gynecologist allow for open and honest discussions about reproductive health concerns, unusual periods, sexual health, family planning, and fertility. Gynecologists can provide personalized advice, address questions, and offer appropriate screenings or tests based on your needs.
When you receive routine gynecological care from doctors who understand your needs, you can take control of your reproductive health, detect potential problems early, and maintain your overall wellbeing.
Can my doctor at Allies become my long-term primary care provider?
Yes! Your Allies doctor can be listed as your primary care provider and provide you with continuity of care. This is important – when you see the same provider regularly, they can get to know you and your health history better. In addition, having a relationship with one provider allows for an ongoing dialogue about your overall health and wellbeing.
Do you offer financial assistance for primary care services?
Allies is committed to removing as many obstacles to care as possible for our patients. Most of our services come at little to no cost to you, and we accept most major insurances.