To improve health and wellbeing, we provide integrated medical care, supportive human services, and community-based education for individuals living with, or at risk of, HIV, viral hepatitis, and sexually transmitted infections.
We envision a healthier community whereby people access integrated medical care and supportive human services in a respectful setting, free of stigma and discrimination.
- Quality: We create a culture of quality by adapting our operations to meet changing conditions in health and human services; supporting staff training and development; and actively monitoring and evaluating consumer health outcomes and experiences with our services to improve service delivery.
- Community: We elevate the voices of the community by meeting people where they are; trusting people are experts of their own experience; and listening to staff and consumers to understand and remove barriers to care and reduce health disparities.
- Accountability: We demonstrate accountability by being fiscally responsible with all resources with which we are entrusted; measuring social impact and actively addressing opportunities to support staff and the community; and utilizing structured processes to comply with public health recommendations and ethical codes of conduct to protect consumer safety and confidentiality.
- Respect: We practice respect by prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion in agency activities; listening to and incorporating both staff and consumer feedback to impact processes, procedures, and products; and working collaboratively across disciplines to execute our mission.
- Engagement: We foster engagement by recognizing the vulnerability that we are being entrusted with; celebrating personal and organizational milestones; owning our mistakes; encouraging staff autonomy in their roles; and sharing decision-making with consumers to manage their care, build self-efficacy, and maintain their health + wellbeing.