Clinic Social Worker
As part of Allies’ integrated healthcare model, the Clinic Social Worker ensures that patients seen in our Clinic are supported in reaching outcomes and receiving services outlined in treatment plans. Additionally, the Clinic Social Worker will be a primary point of contact for patients being assessed for rapid anti-retroviral treatment (ART) and a referral source for HIV+ patients interested in Allies Case Management services. The position will report to the Director of Clinical Services and will work collaboratively with other Client Services and Clinic staff, our Health Advocates, and a multitude of agencies.
To improve health and well-being, ALLIES provides integrated medical care, supportive human services, and community-based education for individuals living with, or at risk of HIV, viral hepatitis, and sexually transmitted infections.
ALLIES envisions a healthier community whereby people access integrated medical care and supportive human services in a respectful setting, free of stigma and discrimination.
- Work with Clinic patients to coordinate care across providers to reach outcomes of medical treatment plans
- Increase access to care by scheduling medical appointments and obtaining medical referrals and medications
- Assist with health insurance applications, prior authorizations, and eligibility for services through MAWD, MA, SPBP, and Marketplace
- Provide treatment adherence counseling and psychoeducation regarding medical diagnosis
- Monitor, evaluate, and document progress with treatment plans
- Utilize techniques and principles of Harm Reduction, Motivational Interviewing, and Trauma-Informed Care
- Refer patient to community resources
- Establish and maintain timely follow-up with patients and care providers
- Record patient interactions and services in an electronic health record system on a daily basis
- Completes all administrative paperwork according to Allies’ guidelines for billing, reimbursement, and reporting
- Provide feedback to improve clinic services
- Evaluate outcomes by measuring, tracking, and analyzing results
- Seek out up-to-date information about Allies’ programs and services, as well as relevant local, regional, and national health statistics that will inform and support our Mission
- Improve job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations and best practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Embrace and exemplify organizational standards and guiding principles for processes, protocols, and utilization
- Commit to Allies’ promise to sustain and extend diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Contribute to efforts that build and reinforce Allies’ distinctive, effective, and ethical practices
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
The Clinic Social Worker should have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Interviewing patients to gather information about their backgrounds in order to assess needs to meet medical outcomes
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to increase positive healthcare outcomes
- Support for a diverse patient group
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS
- Drug & Alcohol service coordination and care
- Mental Health service coordination and care
- Documenting in an electronic health record system
- Health insurance options and protocols
- Balancing and prioritizing patient and administrative responsibilities
A Bachelor’s Degree in health education, public health, or a related degree, OR relevant work experience with the associated responsibilities is required.
An MSW and LSW in the state of PA are required.
The Clinic Social Worker will be called upon to engage in physical activity appropriate to a primary medical care environment including the capacity to lift 25 lbs. and stand or sit for extended periods. Current PA child abuse, PA criminal history, and Federal criminal history clearances, and verification of a negative TB test within the last year are required in the first 30 days of employment.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and any salary requirements to Mark Marsen, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 9/30/2021.