Rooted in the values of compassion and service, the new CFO will help to drive continuous quality improvement and performance culture with a group of diverse and talented staff members. The CFO brings efficient, effective systems to increase productivity and develops strategies and vision to ensure the management of the financial resources and stability of Allies. A dynamic leader, the CFO will possess a proven ability to manage people and processes in a compassionate, yet fast-paced environment.
The CFO is primarily responsible for the following:
Strategy and Planning
- Work with the CEO and the finance committee of the Board of Directors to establish goals and strategies for long-term financial sustainability and growth, including forecasting and strategic planning.
- Analyze and evaluate agency financial performance over time, with reference to industry standards and provide insight and recommendations for increased sustainability.
- Collaborate with the CEO and other senior management to review/recommend policies, develop annual operational objectives, and ensure fiscal responsibility and maximization of agency resources.
Financial Management and Analysis
- Develop annual operating budget as well as prepare and present monthly reports including profit and loss by program, forecast vs. budget by program and weekly cash flow by programs. Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Work with department directors to manage expenses and provide insight and recommendations for increased revenue generation.
- Identify, acquire, and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure fund availability.
- Oversee cash, investments, and asset management including exploring new investment opportunities and providing recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal, and local laws regarding the organization’s financial operations.
Accounting and Operations
- Manage the day-to-day operations to ensure accurate and timely processing of financial transactions and reporting, as well as compliance with accounting standards.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and supervise finance and IT staff to ensure efficient operations. When necessary, select and engage consultants, brokers, and auditors.
- Ensure regular maintenance and backup of all IT and accounting systems
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance, and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy of financial and management reporting data for all funders, foundations, and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee cash flow and AP/AR processes to ensure timely payment and agency liquidity including approving large payables, signing checks, and authorizing large wire transfers and ACHs.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee bi-weekly payroll processing as well as the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns in collaboration with Human Resources to ensure legal compliance
- Oversee the general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost allocation.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors. Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
As a key member of senior leadership, the CFO is a strategic partner and leader charged with fiscal management and operations of Allies. The CFO must support the organization’s mission and foster a workplace culture of inclusivity.
Demonstrable experience, competencies, and qualifications include:
- Educational background aligned with the requirements of the position.
- Passion for and commitment to Allies’ mission and vision.
- Fluency in Quickbooks for nonprofits. Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting.
- Background coordinating with IT staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
- “Hands On” EHR Systems Experience – Athena experience desired
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Capable of presenting financial information and responding to questions from all levels of the organization, board members, auditors, and others.
- Must have proven team leadership, the ability to supervise others, motivate, and produce results while working effectively in a team setting.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues.
In the near term, the new CFO will continue to deliver outstanding outcomes while successfully addressing the following in the first 6-12 months:
- Complete a financial analysis of agency performance over the last five years and provide recommendations for increased sustainability and growth.
- Ensure proper controls and redundancies are in place to mitigate risk and ensure day-to-day operational functionality.
This position offers a competitive salary in the range of $125,000 - $140,000 and a robust benefits package.
Allies seeks to recruit candidates for employment that represent our diverse community in race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and ability. Inclusive and equitable in our recruitment and retention practices, we are dedicated to uplifting diverse opinions and backgrounds in order to grow and evolve as a welcoming workplace for all.
How to Apply
Allies for Health + Wellbeing has retained Nonprofit Talent to assist with this important organizational change process. Specific questions related to the position may be emailed to Michelle Pagano Heck, President, at Michelle@NonprofitTalent.com. Please direct all inquiries related to this position to Nonprofit Talent, and do not contact Allies for Health + Wellbeing.
Resume, position-specific cover letter, and salary expectations can be uploaded here:
https://20131204222445_dlepllpc7kzujddz.applytojob.com/apply/cSD1mublYL/Chief-Financial-Officer-Allies- For-Health-Wellbeing(opens in a new tab)
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 5PM on September 17, 2021