The Case Manager ensures that Allies’ clients living with HIV/AIDS have access to necessary housing, food, medical, mental health, drug & alcohol, and legal services by engaging them in the service planning process, and providing education, counseling, and referrals which promotes optimal health and independent living. Our Case Managers provide medical and non-medical case management services to clients in Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland counties.The position will report to the Client Services Manager and will work collaboratively with other Client Services and Clinic staff, our Health Advocates, and a multitude of agencies.
To improve health and well-being, Allies provides integrated medical care, supportive human services, and community-based education for individuals living with, or at risk of HIV, viral hepatitis and sexually transmitted infections.
Allies envisions a healthier community whereby people access integrated medical care and supportive human services in a respectful setting, free of stigma and discrimination.
- Work with assigned clients to develop and maintain an up-to-date service coordination plan
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress according to measurable goals described in care plan
- Utilize techniques and principles of Harm Reduction, Motivational Interviewing, and Trauma Informed Care
- Meet with all assigned clients on a quarterly basis to ensure service coordination plans, certifications and medical documentation for specific programs, and administrative paperwork are current
- Refer client to community resources to provide access to services such as medical, mental health, drug & alcohol, financial assistance, government programs, legal aid, housing, transportation, job placement and education
- Advocate for clients to resolve crises and process emergency funding assistance
- Collaborate with other professionals to evaluate client’s medical or physical condition and to assess needs
- Establish and maintain timely follow-up with clients, referrals, and coordination of care
- Record all client interactions and services in electronic case management system on daily basis
- Completes all administrative paperwork according to Allies’ guidelines for billing, reimbursement, and reporting
- Provide feedback to improve client services
- Evaluate outcomes by measuring, tracking, and analyzing results
- Seek out up-to-date information about Allies’ programs and services, as well as relevant local, regional, and national health statistics that will inform and support our Mission
- Improve job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations and best practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Embrace and exemplify organizational standards and guiding principles for processes, protocols, and utilization
- Commit to Allies’ promise to sustain and extend diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Contribute to efforts which build and reinforce Allies’ distinctive, effective, and ethical practices
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Case Manager should have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Interviewing clients to gather information about their backgrounds, needs, or progress in order to develop and manage service coordination plans
- Working with a multitude of agencies to coordinate referrals
- Basic knowledge and understanding of AIDS/HIV
- Drug & Alcohol service coordination and care
- Mental Health service coordination and care
- Writing service notes in electronic health record system
- Balancing and prioritizing patient and administrative responsibilities
A Bachelor’s Degree in social work or similar area is required; an MSW is preferred.
All Case Managers must have a current driver’s license, auto insurance, and access to a reliable personal vehicle. The Case Manager will be called upon to engage in physical activity appropriate to Clinic and Office environments including the capacity to stand or sit for extended periods. Current PA child abuse, PA criminal history, Federal criminal history clearances, and verification of TB test performed within the last year are required within the first 30 days of employment.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and any salary requirements to Mark Marsen, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org, before 8/31/2021