Director of Clinical Services
The Director of Clinical Services advances the mission and vision of Allies by building, fostering and inspiring excellence in the agency’s ability to:
- Serve as the primary resource for HIV/AIDS support, information and best practices and protocols in southwestern PA
- Provide exceptional and compassionate medical care and social support services
- Integrate the voice of consumers with program quality initiatives and services
- Collaborate with and act as a resource for other organizations, providers and professionals, locally and nationally
- Embrace and exhibit the highest ethical standards
- Maximize and monitor fiscal and other resources
- Build an environment which is safe, confidential and welcoming
- Eliminate the devastating impact of stigma through cultural awareness and advocacy
As part of Allies leadership, the Director is responsible for formulating strategic and operational goals designed to deliver exceptional medical care to individuals at-risk for or living with HIV as well as to patients with HCV, STI and their primary care. The Director translates the mission and vision into actionable objectives specific to area of expertise. Additionally, the Director supports the integration of healthcare services and community health, most notably through the promotion of the pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) program.
To improve health and well-being, Allies provides integrated medical care, supportive human services, and community-based education for individuals living with, or at risk of HIV, viral hepatitis and sexually transmitted infections.
Allies envisions a healthier community whereby people access integrated medical care and supportive human services in a respectful setting, free of stigma and discrimination.
- Analyze strategies and operations to evaluate efforts to advance Allies’ mission
- Ensure clinic policies and procedures are up-to-date and in keeping with Allies values and recommended clinical practice guidelines
- Analyze, direct and implement policies, objectives or activities to ensure efficient operations, build sustainable income streams, and improve medical programs and services
- With input from medical director, providers and staff, assess and adjust clinic schedule and operations
- Ensure compliance with and/or adherence to contracts including those with the PA Department of Health, Coordinated Care Network, Maxor, Adagio, and others as appropriate.
- In conjunction with Allies’ leadership, establish and implement short, intermediate and long-term strategic initiatives
- Monitor productivity and budgetary aspects of clinic operations and work with clinic personnel to adjust towards fiscal targets
- Facilitate interdepartmental relationships to provide information for initiatives and to build inter-disciplinary care model
- Ensure adherence to federal, state and local laws concerning safety, confidentiality and providing medical care
- Direct, coach, manage, evaluate and develop designated members of the clinic staff
- Build, promote and integrate PrEP into Allies’ care model
- Oversee inventory and cost spending and monitor budgetary aspects for the medical supplies/equipment
- Maintain knowledge of overseeing a 501(c)3 organization and assist with reporting needed for fundraising and event planning to produce revenue for company programming and outreach
- Recommend actions and policies that build and reinforce efforts to reach under-served or marginalized populations
- Oversee the mandatory licensing and reporting requirements associated with programs and services
- Research, establish and maintain relationships with community partners
- Seek out up-to-date information about Allies’ programs and services, as well as relevant local, regional and national health statistics that will inform and support our mission
- Improve job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations and best practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Embrace and exemplify organizational standards and guiding principles for processes, protocols and utilization
- Commit to Allies’ promise to sustain and extend diversity, equity and inclusion
- Contribute to efforts which build and reinforce Allies’ distinctive, effective and ethical practices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Through a combination of experience and education, the Director of Clinical Services will have:
- Leadership in an organization related to healthcare and similar in size, scope and scale of impact as Allies
- Management of outpatient clinic operations and staff
- Commitment to Allies’ principles and values
- Healthcare expertise and knowledge
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate, negotiate, educate, influence, and persuade stakeholders, consumers and collaborators
- Excellent communication skills across multiple disciplines and platforms, including verbal, written and public speaking
- Programmatic development and management
- Ability to integrate strategic and operational goals across an organization
- Scanned legislative, economic, regulatory, local, regional and national trends to forecast organizational actions and adjustments
- Adjusted program outcomes and procedures to internal and external situations and circumstances
- Conflict resolution, facilitation and mediation skills used with small and large groups to maintain and improve community relations and advocacy
A bachelor’s degree OR relevant work experience with the associated responsibilities is required; A master’s degree in healthcare, management, leadership, nursing, or an equivalent program of study and experience is preferred. A minimum of three years in an organizational leadership role is also preferred.
The Director of Clinical Services may be called upon to engage in physical activity related to general office work to stand or sit for extended periods. Current PA child abuse, PA criminal history, federal criminal history clearances, and verification of TB test performed within the last year are required within the first 30 days of employment.
The designated budget for the Director of Clinical Services position is between $95K and $105K with distinctions made for education and direct service experience with client populations similar to Allies’.
LGBTQIA identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), individuals with disabilities and legal histories, as well as from other historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
Resumes should be submitted to Dov Chernomorets, HR coordinator, at email@example.com.