The Clinical Nurse is responsible for supporting and extending the care and services provided to Allies’ Clinic patients. In addition to direct patient care, the nurse will assess incoming patient information and concerns, direct people to resources, and provide education about disease prevention and improving health outcomes. The nurse works closely with our medical providers to establish standards for patient service, forge ongoing relationships with patients and clients, ensures that regulatory guidelines are being followed, and is an advocate for Allies’ mission. The nurse reports to the clinic director and will work collaboratively with other clinic and agency staff, and a multitude of agencies.
To improve health and well-being, Allies provides integrated medical care, supportive human services, and community-based education for individuals living with, or at risk of HIV, viral hepatitis and sexually transmitted infections.
Allies envisions a healthier community whereby people access integrated medical care and supportive human services in a respectful setting, free of stigma and discrimination.
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations, treatments, lab work, testing and follow-up care
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records in electronic heath record (EHR) system
- As appropriate to credentials, education and experience, assist providers in the completion of clinical, administrative and documentation responsibilities
- Guide and integrate the clinical staff’s development of skills and use of technology and resources
- Design and deliver education to enhance patient’s ability to make informed healthcare and treatment decisions
- Work with individuals, families, or other groups to improve the overall health of communities
- Provide feedback to improve clinic services
- Seek out up-to-date information about Allies’ programs and services, as well as relevant local, regional and national health statistics that will inform and support our mission
- Improve job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations and best practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Embrace and exemplify organizational standards and guiding principles for processes, protocols and utilization
- Commit to Allies’ promise to sustain and extend diversity, equity and inclusion
- Contribute to efforts which build and reinforce Allies’ distinctive, effective and ethical practices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The Clinical Nurse should have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Scope and responsibilities associated with providing care in a medical setting
- Direct involvement with and development of a significant initiative or process within a healthcare organization
- Working with a diverse patient demographic, ideally LGBT+, minority youth, or minority women
- Utilization of electronic health record software for patient demographics, medical care, and scheduling
- Recurrent knowledge of regulatory processes and payer systems such as Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and private sources
- Microsoft Outlook and software programs such as Word and Excel
- Very strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with patients, co-workers, visitors, and non-agency representatives
- Basic familiarity with issues in infectious disease (ideally HIV/AIDS), reproductive services, and/or primary care
- HIPAA and Act 148 standards
- Common safety hazards and processes to maintain safe work environment
- Knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal regulations related to area of service
- Balancing and prioritizing patient and administrative responsibilities
A Current PA state nursing licensure is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred as is a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field.
The Clinical Nurse will be called upon to engage in physical activity appropriate to a primary medical care environment including the capacity to stand or sit for extended periods. Current PA child abuse, PA criminal history, federal criminal history clearances, and verification of TB test performed within the last year are required within the first 30 days of employment.
The designated budget for the Clinical Nurse position is between $70K and $75K with distinctions made for education and direct service experience with client populations similar to Allies’.
LGBTQIA identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), individuals with disabilities and legal histories, as well as from other historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
Resumes should be submitted to Dov Chernomorets, HR coordinator, at email@example.com.